Should You Work With Three Oaks Wealth?
If you decide to hire us for help implementing your financial plan, we have a flat annual fee for financial planning services. The amount is based on the complexity of your situation. Our current minimum is $5,000 per year.
No. We have a minimum annual fee that depends on the complexity of your situation.
Unfortunately no. We’ve found that we’re unable to do our best work when clients manage their own investments:
- We don’t know whether or if clients will implement our advice
- They don’t have access to the same investments, products and services we do
- We find it difficult to design a portfolio based on limited investment options
We do our best work with business owners in transition. This could be a sale of your business and transition into retirement, a purchase of a new business, or anything else that requires alignment of your personal finances and business interests.
We have technical expertise in these areas and a custom process to help our clients reach the best financial outcome for them. If this fits your situation we could be a good fit. We do take on clients that don’t meet these exact specifications from time to time, but it depends on the circumstances. We’re happy to explore this with you on an introductory call.
Our intention is to help our clients get to the best financial destination for them. To do this we use a consistent investment & planning philosophy which some people aren’t a good fit for. We’re not the right fit if you’re seeking an advisor to:
- Pick stocks or day trade to “beat the market”
- Speculate whether the markets or interest rates will rise or fall over the next few months
- Make short term trading decisions based on the financial headline of the day
Yes. Three Oaks Wealth is a registered investment advisory (RIA) firm. This means we’re required to act as fiduciaries to all our clients, 100% of the time.
You can! All the information you need to reach a good financial outcome is available online. Reaching that outcome will take some effort though, so let us ask you a couple questions:
- How good do you feel about your personal finances right now?
- Do you have the time to learn the tax code, stay on top of your investments, and confirm you’re not missing any opportunities to strengthen your finances & pay less in tax?
- Do you have the interest to do this work?
- How productive are your financial discussions with your spouse?
While most people are capable of doing their own financial planning, we have the benefit of devoting our careers to it. We sink our teeth into various ways we can help business owners, and really get to know them over time. Most of our clients feel reassured knowing they have an objective thinking partner they can grow with who knows their situation intimately.
Unfortunately no. We do our best work with people looking for a long-term relationship, and aren’t set up for hourly or limited scope projects.
The good news is that there are other good planners out there who can help you. Feel free to reach out if you need help finding one.
What Is It Like to Work With Three Oaks Wealth?
No. The process described here, including a one page financial plan, is offered free of charge to anyone who may be a good fit for our services. If you’re not, we’ll gladly introduce you to a firm better suited for your needs.
No. We will ask for a few basic documents after our call if we construct a one page financial plan for you.
We take a team approach at Three Oaks Wealth. You’d be assigned a lead advisor you’re comfortable with as your primary point of contact, and have interactions with our other associates & team members along the way.
Your choice. We’d love to see you in the office if you’re in the Sacramento area. If not we’re happy to host a Zoom call. Geography is not a limitation as long as you’re a U.S. citizen.
We do our best work with business owners in transition. This is most often the exit of a successful business into retirement, but also includes transitions through various growth phases, purchases of existing businesses, and adjustments in ownership structure.
We focus a great deal on tax planning, but do not prepare tax returns. We very frequently coordinate with our clients’ tax advisors to develop and implement various tax strategies.
Perhaps. We have a service model that’s specifically designed to help business owners in transition. If that’s not you it’s possible you could still benefit from our services. It’s also possible there are better fits for you elsewhere. We’re happy to discuss further on an introductory phone call.
Our intention is to get our clients to the best place financially for them. To do so we cover a variety of topics - essentially anything you have with a dollar sign in front of it. We review, discuss, analyze, and share observations and recommendations as needed. Here is a partial list of topics we typically review with clients:
- Clarify your goals, possibilities, and ideal vision of your future
- Personal cash flow, income, expenses, and needs
- Business cash flow, compensation structure, and distributions
- Investments, both those we’re managing for you and those outside our purview
- Retirement & income planning
- Tax planning, including coordination with your tax professional
- Risk management
- Continuity planning, including business exit, buy/sell agreements, etc.
- Estate planning
Not Quite Ready? Stay In Touch.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive financial planning articles & updates to help you organize and optimize your finances.
"*" indicates required fields